Asian Home Gourmet Thai green curry- 50g
Ingredients: Lemongrass (17%), garlic, chilli, salt, shallot, sweet basil (10%), kale, alan al fish sauce (anchovy-fish extract, salt, water, su a}, kaf%r lime peel, white pepper, shrimp paste (shrimp Crustacean), salt), cumin, coriander oil.
Typical Value per 1000
1.6g - of which Saturates 0.1 g
Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- of which Sugars 0.9 g
Thai curries are often identified by their brazen colours, and green curry is no different. Green chillies, shallots and kaffir lime leaves are just some of the ingredients that lend the dish its hue but its many other elements, including fish sauce, shrimp paste and cumin means that no true Thai green curry is a bright green. Rather, it's a greenish beige.
While many new chefs believe the secret to making the most delicious and authentic curry lies in creating the curry paste from scratch, today spice paste in the supermarket contain natural ingredients.
Famous Thai-American cooking teacher, Kasma Loha-unchit, herself states, "...unless you have all of the fresh herbs and spices required to make authentic and traditional Thai curry pastes, you're better off using commercial curry pastes than trying to make do with ill-advised substitutes".
Supermarket pastes, including Asian Home Gourmet's Thai Green Curry SpicePaste©; are often made in South East Asia using a wide array of ingredients sourced from Thailand that are simply not available in the local market. Even if you are able to get all the ingredients, the supermarket paste is a more affordable option and has had more time to concentrate in flavour.
So trust us here at AHG, where the team all wishes you happy cooking with our very own Thai Green Curry Recipe!
For other great recipe twists and innovative ways to use Asian Home Gourmet's Thai Green Curry SpicePaste©, try these other great recipes: Thai-Style Fish Cakes, Thai Green Curry Mussels and Basil Chicken and Mushroom Stir Fry
Chicken Thai Green Curry
• 1 packet Asian Home Gourmet Thai Green Curry SpicePaste©
• 1 - 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1½ cups (330 mL) coconut milk or milk
• 350 g (3/4 lb) boneless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 100 g (3.5 oz) green peas or aubergines
• Sweet basil leaves, green chilli or coriander as garnish (optional)
1. Heat oil in non-stick saucepan on medium-low heat. Add Spice Paste and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add half of coconut milk and cook until oil appears on top.
2. Add meat, cook for 5 - 8 minutes or until done.
3. Add balance of coconut milk and green peas or aubergine. Bring to boil. Garnish and serve hot with rice. Cooking tip: Beef, lamb or vegetables may be used instead of chicken.
Alternative Products Policy
If this product is out of stock a closely matching alternative product will be provided for the same cost. If no alternative can be found or if a lesser-value alternative is provided, we will issue a discount voucher code for the equivalent amount or a refund to the original payment card.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not wish to receive an alternative for a particular product, please leave a note in the "Order Instructions" tab at the top right of the cart page.
Local shipping policy:
- Next day (Mon - Sat): £2.99 up to £40. Orders over £40 FREE DELIVERY.
- Same day (Mon - Sat): From £4.99
National shipping policy:
- Before 2:00pm - UK 1 to 2 working days: £6.99 (up to 20Kg)
- After 2:00pm - UK 2 to 3 working days: £6.99 (up to 20Kg)
- Above 20Kg surcharge: 34p per Kg.
- Scotland, as above but from £7.99.
- Please note, the above rates exclude the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and Isle of Man, where the shipping cost is higher.
- Please see our Shipping Policy for full details.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.