Asian Home Gourmet Indian butter chicken- 50g
A popular Northern Indian (Moghul) dish, it is rich with tomato, sweet spices, cloves and fenugreek, yet mild enough to appeal to all family members. Butter Chicken is usually cooked with cream or milk and can be served with naan, roti, paratha or simply plain rice.
No Added MSG, Preservatives Or Artificial Colours. Gluten Free.
Ingredients: Tomato paste (23%), soybean oil, onion, salt, sugar, ground coriander, red chillies, garlic, distilled vinegar, ginger, herbs and spices, cayenne, pepper, acid regulator (citric acid).
Typical Value per 100g
15.9 g - of which Saturates 2.4 g Carbohydrate 6.3 g of which Sugars 6.2 g Protein 8.3 g
Salt 8.6 g
Indian Butter Chicken (Serves 4):
1 packet Indian Butter Chicken Spice Paste
3 tbsp melted butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup (110 ml) tomato puree or chopped tomatoes (fresh or canned)
1/2 cup (110 ml) water
1/2 cup (110 ml) cream or yoghurt, reserve 1 tbsp to garnish
450g (1 lb) deboned roast, tandoori or fresh chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
Fresh coriander as garnish
1. Heat butter in non-stick saucepan on medium heat, add onions and stir-fry for 3 minutes
2.Stir in tomato puree, water, cream and Spice Paste
3. Add meat, simmer uncovered on low heat for 20 minutes or until it thickens. Garnish with cream or yoghurt. Serve hot
Cooking Tip: To make Dhal Makhani, use cooked black or yellow lentils and canned kidney beans to replace meat.
Allergen Advice: Contains Soy.
Keep away from direct sunlight and store in a cool, dry place. Once opened, use immediately.
Alternative Products Policy
If this product is out of stock a closely matching alternative product will be provided for the same cost. If no alternative can be found or if a lesser-value alternative is provided, we will issue a discount voucher code for the equivalent amount or a refund to the original payment card.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not wish to receive an alternative for a particular product, please leave a note in the "Order Instructions" tab at the top right of the cart page.
Local shipping policy:
- Next day (Mon - Sat): £2.99 up to £40. Orders over £40 FREE DELIVERY.
- Same day (Mon - Sat): From £4.99
National shipping policy:
- Before 2:00pm - UK 1 to 2 working days: £6.99 (up to 20Kg)
- After 2:00pm - UK 2 to 3 working days: £6.99 (up to 20Kg)
- Above 20Kg surcharge: 34p per Kg.
- Scotland, as above but from £7.99.
- Please note, the above rates exclude the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and Isle of Man, where the shipping cost is higher.
- Please see our Shipping Policy for full details.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.