Asian Home Gourmet Indonesian nasi goreng- 50g
Meaning 'fried rice', nasi goreng is commonly found on the menu of many a household in Indonesia. A spicy dish, common ingredients include egg, chicken and prawns.
Nasi goreng originates from Chinese fried rice and is thought to have been passed on from Chinese traders to Indonesian locals during the 10th century. When Chinese diaspora later touched Indonesia, the emigrants brought with them their food traditions and methods of stir frying in woks, solidifying nasi goreng into the Indonesian consciousness.
It's a convenient dish that is often prepared for breakfast- using leftovers from last night's meal and with the addition of fresh vegetables and eggs.
No Added MSG, Preservatives Or Artificial Colours.
Ingredients: Tomato paste, shallots, soybean oil, salt, soy sauce (water, sugar, soybean, salt, wheat flour), tamarind (4%), garlic, fried shrmv (4%), sugar, red chilli (4%), stuimp paste (shrimp, salt).
Typical Value per 100g
Energy 795 / 190 Kcal
Fat 10.7 g
- of which Saturates
Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- of which Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 5.3 g Salt 10.4 g
Indonesian Nasi Goreng (Serves 4):
1 packet Indonesian Nasi Goreng Spice Paste
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
250g (1/2 lb) shelled prawns
2 eggs beaten
3 cups (600g) cooked rice
2 tomatoes, cut into eight pieces
Chopped coriander, thinly sliced red chillies or egg sunny side up as garnish (optional)
1. Heat oil in non-stick wok or pan on medium-high heat. Add prawns and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes
2. Push the prawns to one side. Add egg and cook for 1 minute. Add rice and spice paste. Stir-fry for 3 minutes
3. Add tomatoes and stir-fry for 1 minute or until hot. Garnish
Cooking Tip: Beef, lamb or chicken may be used instead of prawns
Allergen Advice: Contains Soy, Wheat, Shrimp
Keep away from direct sunlight and store in a cool, dry place. Once opened, use immediately.
Alternative Products Policy
If this product is out of stock a closely matching alternative product will be provided for the same cost. If no alternative can be found or if a lesser-value alternative is provided, we will issue a discount voucher code for the equivalent amount or a refund to the original payment card.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not wish to receive an alternative for a particular product, please leave a note in the "Order Instructions" tab at the top right of the cart page.
Local shipping policy:
- Next day (Mon - Sat): £2.99 up to £40. Orders over £40 FREE DELIVERY.
- Same day (Mon - Sat): From £4.99
National shipping policy:
- Before 2:00pm - UK 1 to 2 working days: £6.99 (up to 20Kg)
- After 2:00pm - UK 2 to 3 working days: £6.99 (up to 20Kg)
- Above 20Kg surcharge: 34p per Kg.
- Scotland, as above but from £7.99.
- Please note, the above rates exclude the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and Isle of Man, where the shipping cost is higher.
- Please see our Shipping Policy for full details.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.