Asian Home Gourmet Korean kimchi soup- 50g
Kimchi is a dish made from fermented chilli peppers and vegetables that's become ubiquitous in Korean restaurants across the globe as a popular side dish. But more than that, it's also a base for stews, soups and fried rice.
While it's most popularly made with napa cabbage, the Kimchi Field Museum in Seoul has documented 187 historic and current varieties of kimchi.
In northern Korea, kimchi typically does not have as much red chilli or salt and tends to be more watery. In the Northeast, they often use fresh seafood to season it. Kimchi in the south uses red chilli, salt and fermented or brined seafood to season it. In the Southeast, most of their food is spicy and salty - including the kimchi.
Heavy rainfall in 2010 caused a shortened harvest for cabbage and as a result, the price of kimchi increased drastically- leading many Korean newspapers to declare it a national tragedy.
Luckily in 2012, kimchi can now be enjoyed all over the world, with many varying ingredients.
No Added MSG, Preservatives Or Artificial Colours. Gluten Free.
Ingredients: Water, fresh red chillies, salt, garlic, sugar, miso paste (soybean, rice, salt), ginger, fish sauce (anchovy-fish extract, salt, sugar), distilled vinegar, sesame paste, shrimp paste (shrimp, salt), sesame oil, yeast extract, acid regulator (citric acid), kimchi flavouring (nature identical), colouring (paprika oleoresin).
Typical Value per IOOg
607 kJ ! % Kcal
Korean Kimchi Soup (Serves 3):
1 packet Korean Kimchi Soup Spice Paste
2 1/4 cups (500 ml) water
150g (5 oz) seafood or sliced meat (chicken or beef)
100g (3.5 oz) Chinese cabbage or Kimchi
1 small onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
Chopped spring onion as garnish
1. Bring water to boil. Add onion and Spice Paste, stir to mix well
2. Add meat and cabbage or Kimchi, bring to boil
3. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until cooked. Garnish
Cooking Tip: Tofu may be used instead of seafood or meat
Allergen Advice: Contains Soy, Fish, Sesame, Shrimp.
Keep away from direct sunlight and store in a cool, dry place. Once opened, use immediately.
Alternative Products Policy
If this product is out of stock a closely matching alternative product will be provided for the same cost. If no alternative can be found or if a lesser-value alternative is provided, we will issue a discount voucher code for the equivalent amount or a refund to the original payment card.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not wish to receive an alternative for a particular product, please leave a note in the "Order Instructions" tab at the top right of the cart page.
Local shipping policy:
- Next day (Mon - Sat): £2.99 up to £40. Orders over £40 FREE DELIVERY.
- Same day (Mon - Sat): From £4.99
National shipping policy:
- Before 2:00pm - UK 1 to 2 working days: £6.99 (up to 20Kg)
- After 2:00pm - UK 2 to 3 working days: £6.99 (up to 20Kg)
- Above 20Kg surcharge: 34p per Kg.
- Scotland, as above but from £7.99.
- Please note, the above rates exclude the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and Isle of Man, where the shipping cost is higher.
- Please see our Shipping Policy for full details.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.