Asian Home Gourmet tempura batter mix- 200g
Typical Value per IOOg
Energy 1447 kJ / 346 Kcal l,og
Carbohydrate 76,0 g
Tempura, a crisp and feather-light batter, is one of the most popular Japanese dishes.
Ingredients: Corn flour (maize), wheat flour, rice flour, raising agents (E341, E500, E450), salt, hydrolysed vegetable protein, thickener (E415).
Tempura (Serves 4-6):
1 packet Tempura Batter Mix
1 - 1 ¼ cups (220 - 275 ml) ice water
1 egg yolk
Vegetable oil for deep frying
Use with seafood (fish, shrimp, squid, crab, scallops), chicken, assorted vegetables (carrot, aubergine/egg plant, mushrooms, zucchini, whole green beans or yellow squash), banana and sweet potatoes
1. Pour batter mix into a deep bowl
2. Gradually whisk in water until it is thoroughly mixed. Add egg yolk and stir briskly.
3. Pre heat oil to 180-190C (356-374F). Coat selected seafood, meat or vegetables one at a time into batter and deep fry until golden brown. Serve immediately.
a. To make a thinner batter, add 1⅓ - 1½ cups (295 - 330 ml) water to batter mix.
b. Drop a tiny bit of batter into the pre-heated oil. When the batter bubbles and floats up, the oil is ready for deep frying.
Allergy Statement: Contains: Wheat, Maize.
Keep away from direct sunlight and store in a cool dry place. Once opened, use immediately.
Alternative Products Policy
If this product is out of stock a closely matching alternative product will be provided for the same cost. If no alternative can be found or if a lesser-value alternative is provided, we will issue a discount voucher code for the equivalent amount or a refund to the original payment card.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not wish to receive an alternative for a particular product, please leave a note in the "Order Instructions" tab at the top right of the cart page.
Local shipping policy:
- Next day (Mon - Sat): £2.99 up to £40. Orders over £40 FREE DELIVERY.
- Same day (Mon - Sat): From £4.99
National shipping policy:
- Before 2:00pm - UK 1 to 2 working days: £6.99 (up to 20Kg)
- After 2:00pm - UK 2 to 3 working days: £6.99 (up to 20Kg)
- Above 20Kg surcharge: 34p per Kg.
- Scotland, as above but from £7.99.
- Please note, the above rates exclude the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and Isle of Man, where the shipping cost is higher.
- Please see our Shipping Policy for full details.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.