Alamgeer tukmari basil seeds - 180g.
Alamgeer Basil Seeds (Tukmaria)
These seeds are also called sabja seeds, Arabic falooda seeds, Thai holy basil (which is apparently different from holy basil), Tulsi, selashi and turmaria. And are best known around the world for being the main ingredient in many sweet Asian drinks.
They are often used in Ayurvedic and Siddha medicine in India and also Chinese medicine.
They plump up just like chia seeds and can be used interchangeably in most recipes. I even throw them in my morning smoothies. Like chia seeds they don’t have much flavor which also makes the versatile.
Cooling – they are cooling, which is why they are added to many cool drinks like falooda, rood afza, nimbu pani and sherbets.
Colds etc. – they are good for sore throats, cold and respiratory disorders.
Digestion – they can aid in digestion and relieve constipation.
Stress relief – they can have a calming effect and can uplift your mood.
Skin relief – they are good for skin infections.
Weight loss – they can curb your appetite if you consume them in a gelatinous drink before a meal.
Alternative products policy: If this product is out of stock a closely matching alternative product will be provided for the same cost. If no alternative can be found or if a lesser-value alternative is provided, we will issue a discount voucher code for the equivalent amount or a refund to the original payment card.
Local shipping policy:
- Next day (Mon - Sat): £2.99 up to £50. Orders over £50 FREE DELIVERY.
- Same day (Mon - Sat): £6.99
National shipping policy:
- Before 2:00pm - UK 1 to 2 working days: £6.99 (up to 20Kg)
- After 2:00pm - UK 2 to 3 working days: £6.99 (up to 20Kg)
- Above 20Kg surcharge: 34p per Kg.
- Scotland, as above, but £7.99.
- Please note, the above rates exclude the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and Isle of Man, where the shipping cost is higher.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.