This delicious Desi take on a Christmas Pudding has been designed by Chef Sameer.
- 5 eggs
- 1500 ml milk with full cream
- 120 ml condensed milk
- 300g sugar
- Pinch of green cardamom powder
- Pinch of nutmeg, grated
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Handful of almonds (peeled, sliced)
- Bring the milk to boil and simmer.
- Add sugar and condensed milk and stir until completely dissolved. (Add or reduce sugar if you prefer). Simmer for another 15-20 minutes until the milk gets thicker and the colour changes from white to yellowish. Remove from fire and keep aside.
- Mix egg, cardamom powder, grated nutmeg and vanilla essence. Add slowly to milk at room temperature and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in a greased baking pan, bake at 200-220°C for 45 -50 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and let it chill before serving.