A winner will then be picked at random on Friday 18th June and sent the 2 Wagyu steaks, in time for Father's Day! Please make sure to follow all the steps above in order to enable a valid entry and remember to tag and showcase your steaks if you are the lucky winner! Good luck!
Terms and conditions apply. Closing date for entries will be 11:59pm Thursday 17th June and a winner will be announced on Friday 18th June.
How To Cook The Perfect Wagyu Steaks
- The finest Wagyu steak (approx 200g each)
(We've chosen alcatra which is the top sirloin cut of the animal. For more Wagyu steaks, click here).
- Sunflower oil
- Rock salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the chilled steaks from the fridge and bring to room temperature about an hour before cooking.
- Just before cooking, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan (it should just barely cover the surface of the pan) until hot and almost smoking.
- Lay the steak in the hot pan and leave for 2 minutes without disturbing it. Turn over with a pair of tongs and brown the other side for same amount of time.
- The steak will firm up as it cooks, especially when cooked to medium rare. You can check this if required, by making a small incision into the meat to take a look.
- Remove the steaks from the frying pan onto a warmed plate and leave to rest for about 5 minutes. This is important as it will allow the juices to be re-absorbed into the meat. The resting should not affect the optimum eat temperature of the steak.