FREE RANGE CHICKEN
- Have access to outdoor ranges where they grow more healthily and are able to exhibit more natural behavior.
- Given non-genetically modified feed.
- Transported to slaugher by accredited catchers and haulers.
ORGANICALLY REARED CHICKEN
- Given organic feed only.
- Farmed with specific plot rotation for every new batch.
- Free from any antibiotics or vaccines.
- Graze on certified land not treated by fertilizers or pesticides
Not only is there an ethical benefit on the conscious of those who consume these chickens but there's also growing body of evidence that suggests these chickens are nutritionally healthier than their broiler counterparts. For instance, they provide a greater source of protein as these chickens tend to grow larger and are more lean.
These chickens also tend to taste better than conventional ones. This is possibly due to the higher quality diet that free range and organically reared chickens are fed on.
And last but not least, we've all come to accept that free range eggs are a healthier alternative to the regular variety which is a reflection of the healthier environment and feed that free range and organically reared chickens are bred on.